Vegetable fried rice is a quick and easy to make rice dish that goes along with so many indo-chinese dishes like manchurian, chilli paneer, chilli potatoes and many more. It is preferable to use a day old rice stored in refrigerator so that each rice grain remains seperated from each other. This can be made with numerous variety of vegetables which are available, the choice is endless. Its perfect for kids' lunch box and can be made in a jiffy early winter mornings with the leftover rice. I always make this with vegetable manchurian.
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 5 min.
- 2 cups rice (boiled)
- 1 tsp garlic (grated)
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 big spring onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp green chilli (chopped)
- 1/4 cup carrot (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup green capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp green chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tblsp oil
- 2 tblsp spring onion greens (chopped, to garnish)
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger and garlic, saute for few seconds.
- Add spring onion and green chillies, saute for a min.
- Next, add all the vegetables and cook for 2 min. on high flame.
- Add chilli sauce and soya sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, add vinegar and garnish with onion greens.
- Serve hot with vegetable manchurian.